Database Updates

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2013 at 5:57 AM
Database update scripts are divided between schema updates and data insert/update. Scripts are placed in this folder: \txhr\HuskyRescue.Model\SqlScripts and data insert/update scripts are placed in a sub-directory named "DataInserts."

Script names are given the date they are created with an iterator like this: CCYY-MM-DD.#.sql so an examples would be 2013-05-13.0.sql. When you pull down new code check for updates in these folders.

In the future I will be including complete database creation scripts in another sub-directory, "Setup," which will include scripts for SQL Server and Azure (in case someone wants to use that). This will be tracked in work item 13 and in the next release.
Coordinator
Jul 13, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Various database changes have occurred which drastically change the schema of the database. I have removed all traces of the legacy ASP.NET SQL Membership system which included numerous tables, sprocs, functions, views prefixed with aspnet_. In place of that we are using the ASP.NET Universal Providers which contains 6 tables and that's it!

I also have a SQL Server project in the solution now, HuskyRescue.Database. You can use that and compare it against an existing database to bring the existing database up to date (do this via the right click menu on the project). I also have the latest scripts to create a new database under HuskyRescue.Web/App_Data/SqlInstallScripts which should be run in order.

Let me know if you have any questions